Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Over My Head

The truth shall set you free: I am in over my head. This week, I am challenged with navigating the configuration of an Exchange Server for calendaring functions at work. Don't let me mislead you--I'm not doing the configuring. But, our tech at work doesn't exactly know how to do it. So, here I am making phone calls to outside tech consultants asking them to configure something I barely even understand myself. And I'm supposed to be the "director" of technology. Hmph. I guess everyone learns sometime, but it's hard not to feel like a fraud on days like this. But then, there are other moments, like the one today when I lead a third grade class gently down the "internet safety" path for the first time, all while trying to suss out which kid was the dastardly cyberbully who sent hate-email to another third grader. It was plain to see who had a clue what I was talking about ("instant messenger?!?") and who was still excited about Webkins. I'm hoping that the Exchange Server configuration goes okay.

1 comment:

RunSingTeach said...

ABD,

Please feel free to harass my husband about exchange server things. While he is a programmer primarily, he has done work on this type of thing (I'm pretty darn sure). Remind me to give you his email.

Cheers!
STC