Thursday, October 9, 2008

MultiTasking Not Exactly Working Correctly

As I write this post, I am listening to some classical music, making my to-do list for the day and bouncing back and forth between four Internet pages. Some would consider this light multitasking. An NPR article I heard this morning explains that I might not actually be acting as efficiently as I'd like to think...that my brain in fact CANNOT do what I am asking it to do and would work more efficiently if I just finished one thing and moved on to another. You can check out the news piece and hear the article here: http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=95524385 If taken seriously, it has some pretty serious implications for not only teaching, but raising children in general.
image: iStockphoto.com

No comments: