Monday, June 15, 2009

All Atwitter for Twiddla

This month, I start a new job. I'm really elated about this new job, as idealist-type folks like myself are wont to do. I'm still teaching technology next year, but only part time. The other part of my time, I'll be consulting with US and international schools on distance learning. Basically, teaching folks how to use cool Web 2.0 tools to connect and collaborate on projects. In an effort to be the very best I can be, I'm checking out a bunch of new tools (thus the last, like, four posts) and I have another new crush. This time, it's Twiddla. According to their own site you can:
"Mark up websites, graphics, and photos, or start brainstorming on a blank canvas. Browse the web with your friends or make that conference call more productive than ever. No plug-ins, downloads, or firewall voodoo - it's all here, ready to go when you are. Browser-agnostic, user-friendly."



I have tried it out with a colleague who I had asked to help me edit a lesson plan. All I had to do was click a SINGLE button that says "start a meeting" and send my colleague an invitation. She joined me in about 10 seconds and bam! we were editing the document and chatting about it as well in real-time audio.



Later, by clicking My Account (which I don't even recall creating--wait, is that scary?) I was able to see a TRANSCRIPT of the whole gosh darn event!! I'll say it again: It's a crush but it could be true love. This could be the tool of which I've been dreaming that will allow our students in developing nations to collaboratively develop projects and presentations. We shall see.

No comments: