Monday, September 26, 2011

PLP Kickoff Day One

Here we are, our team of six, at the Powerful Learning Practice (PLP) Cohort kickoff. We're at Garrison Forest School in the Lower School library. Here's the keynote by Will Richardson. We're being told, we get to pick and choose our interests, that we don't have to participate in lessons we don't feel we need. We get to be learners first and foremost. I feel like that most of the time, so letting go of being the "leader" or the "teacher" isn't a challenge for me at all. It seems like my job requires me to be learning almost every minute of every day.

"Lean into your discomfort. Say hello to it." That's what they are telling us. I do hope that I feel some discomfort. It sounds terrible to say, but I have not felt truly uncomfortable learning a new tech tool in a while. That means I am definitely not challenging myself enough. So, I'll look forward to saying hi.

So far, the thing I'm most looking forward to is the asynchronous communication piece. We'll have a Ning for our group and I've always discovered the best ideas in the virtual learning communities.

Image Credit: http://www.flickr.com/photos/fenris117/4536603725/sizes/s/in/photostream/ 

No comments: