Monday, September 26, 2011

Plunging into the River Twitter

I've said it before, I'll say it again: I hate Twitter. The reason why has more to do with who I am, rather than some essential truth about Twitter. It has been said that Twitter is a river of information and that you should not try to swallow everything that comes downriver (to kill the metaphor). You should just, as Will Richardson said today, "dip your toe in" and come up with whatever you find to be of value and then shut the valve. I'm not too good at doing that. I like to do things beginning to end. The middle, the unfinished, frightens me. That's just a personality trait. There is no way I can be done tweeting. I can never read all the tweets. At least in my RSS reader, I can read all the new blog posts and be "done." So, already, the PLP is actually challenging me, because one of my tasks is to join Twitter and follow someone. So, I'm doing it. I'm not liking it but I'm sure that'll be different by the next time I post. When will I ever find the time?!?!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You will have time and you'll be amazed at what you'll find out there. I recommend downloading Tweetdeck and creating columns for #edtech, #edchat, #isedchat, and perhaps #plp? I'm not sure if PLP has a specific hashtag.

Welcome to the Twitterverse my pal, I'll be your first follower.

@teach2connect